At Davis Family Orthodontics, we offer various orthodontics treatments to meet the needs of our patients. Our treatment options for patients looking into braces include traditional metal braces, ceramic braces, Invisalign, and self-litigating braces.
Traditional metal braces are considered the most common type of orthodontic treatment. These braces are made of high-grade stainless steel and work with metal brackets and archwires to straighten the teeth. Metal braces are highly effective for treating orthodontic issues such as overcrowding, spacing, and bite problems.
- The most effective and versatile type of braces.
- Suitable for almost all types of orthodontic issues.
- Solid and durable, less prone to damage.
- Often the most affordable option.
- Very noticeable and less aesthetically pleasing.
- Requires extra effort to keep clean.
- It can be uncomfortable for some patients, especially in the initial stages.
Clear braces, also called ceramic braces, are made of transparent materials that make them less visible than metal braces. As a popular choice for adults with cosmetic concerns, clear braces are visually less prominent, require more attention for oral care, and are more significant than metal braces. Clear braces are often used on the upper front teeth but can be used on both the upper and lower teeth.
- They are less noticeable than metal braces due to their clear or tooth-colored brackets.
- It can be a good option for adults who want a less noticeable option.
- It may be more comfortable than metal braces.
- They are more expensive than metal braces.
- They are more brittle than metal braces and may require more maintenance.
- It may discolor or stain if not properly cared for.
Self-ligating braces have a similar appearance to metal braces, but unlike metal braces that use elastic bands to hold the archwires, self-ligating braces work with a specialized clip system to hold the wire in place. This allows for greater movement and helps reduce the need for adjustments. They’re typically smaller and more comfortable than traditional metal braces and thus require fewer appointments with your orthodontist.
- Uses specialized clips instead of elastic bands, which can reduce the amount of pressure and friction on teeth.
- Require fewer appointments and adjustments.
- They can be more comfortable than traditional braces.
- They can be more expensive than traditional braces.
- Limited availability and may not be suitable for all types of orthodontic issues.
- It may require extra care to keep clean and maintain.
As a viable alternative to traditional braces, this treatment works with a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten the teeth over time. These aligners are custom-made for each person using advanced 3D imaging technology and can be removed for eating, drinking, and brushing teeth. Invisalign requires fewer visits to the office than traditional braces and requires at least 22 hours of wear per day to achieve successful results.
- They are virtually invisible and more aesthetically pleasing than traditional braces.
- Removable and easier to clean.
- Generally more comfortable than traditional braces.
- May be more expensive than traditional braces.
- Requires high patient compliance to wear aligners for the recommended amount of time.
- It may not be suitable for more complex orthodontic issues.
Everyone deserves a confident smile that stands the test of time. At Davis Family Orthodontics, we offer tailored orthodontic solutions to fit the unique needs of each individual. Whether you’re a child, teen or an adult, we have the right treatment for you. Don’t let anything hold you back from showcasing your radiant smile. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Davis at one of our four convenient locations in Lawrenceville, Loganville, Morrow, and Stone Mountain, GA. Let us guide you and your loved ones on the journey to a brighter, healthier grin.