At Davis Family Orthodontics, we provide orthodontic treatment for teens. Braces treatment offers various benefits and can prevent the need for more complex treatments later in life. Here’s everything you need to know about orthodontics for teenagers.
The duration of orthodontic treatment varies depending on the severity of the orthodontic issue, the type of braces used, and the patient’s dedication to treatment. On average, most teens wear braces for 1-3 years. However, the length of time it takes to complete the treatment can vary based on several factors:
- Early Treatment: Teenagers who receive early orthodontic treatment can monitor the growth of their jaw and receive further treatment if necessary. However, not everyone needs early orthodontic treatment, and it may be recommended that some teenagers wait until they are older to start treatment.
- The Correction Needed: The severity of the orthodontic problem will determine how long the treatment process takes. Every patient’s reaction to the treatment is different, and the time taken to complete the treatment can vary. Some teenagers may require 12 months to complete their treatment, while others may need up to 24 months or longer.
- Your Cooperation: Your willingness to comply with your orthodontist’s instructions is crucial in reducing the length of your treatment. Properly caring for your braces and appliances can help speed up the treatment process.
At Davis Family Orthodontics, we offer personalized treatment plans that take into account your unique orthodontic needs. During your initial consultation, our orthodontists will assess your needs and provide an estimate of how long your treatment may take. Our experienced orthodontists help you determine the best treatment course and provide the tools needed to ensure your treatment is successful.
Some of our most popular orthodontic options for teenagers include:
- Metal Braces: Traditional metal braces are the most reliable and common type of braces used for orthodontic treatment. They work through metal brackets and wires adjusted over time to gradually move the teeth into the correct position.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces work similarly to metal braces, but have brackets that are made of clear or tooth-colored ceramic material, making them less noticeable than metal braces.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a highly popular and reliable alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign works through a series of clear, removable plastic aligners that gradually shift the teeth. Invisalign is an excellent solution for teens who want a more discreet orthodontic treatment.
- Lingual Braces: Lingual braces operate similarly to traditional metal braces, but the brackets and wires are placed on the back of the teeth instead of the front, making them virtually invisible.
At our practice, we understand that every person is different and will require different types of treatment. Our team of experienced orthodontists takes a personalized approach to treatment and works closely with parents to help develop an orthodontic plan that keeps their smile healthy. We offer a variety of orthodontic treatment options, including traditional braces, Invisalign, and clear braces, to help you love your smile. Contact Davis Family Orthodontics to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation.