They’re one of the strongest parts of your body — your teeth! That’s because they’re made from enamel, which is even stronger than your bones. When a tooth gets chipped, or falls out or is damaged in some way, the enamel cannot repair itself. That’s why it’s important to take good care of your teeth and get regular checkups to ward off any potential problems.
But if your teeth and your smile is less than perfect, visit the office of Davis Family Orthodontics, where our team of professionals use the latest, state-of-the-art techniques to ensure give you a strong, straight set of pearly whites, and a super smile to go along with them!
Here, we present some interesting facts about teeth that you may not know:
- They are as unique as your fingerprints: Everyone has their own unique bite that can’t be replicated by anyone else — regardless of whether their bite was corrected with braces.
- Yellow teeth don’t come from staining: You may think that yellow teeth are the result of too much coffee or cigarettes, but it’s much more likely that the yellow appearance is the result of tooth enamel wearing away.
- Say “cheese!” Cheese forms a protective layer over your teeth that helps prevent them from being damaged by plaque or acid. Plus, the calcium in cheese aids in strengthening your teeth.
- Braces in history: Braces have been a part of human history for centuries. Egyptian mummies were discovered wearing simpler versions of them. The first documented braces were designed in 1728 and back then, braces that use rubber bands were made from flat pieces of metal that were tied to the teeth with string.
- The threat of tooth decay for kids: Tooth decay is the leading chronic disease in children today. Left untreated, tooth decay can lead to a host of other conditions as malnourishment, trouble speaking, learning problems, and others.
Schedule a check-up with us if you feel that they are misaligned or have any other issues. It’s always best to take care of potential problems sooner rather than later! The professionals at Davis Family Orthodontics provide comprehensive treatment options for all of your orthodontic needs. For more information, give us a call today.